Architectural Design and Structural Engineering Services
The Principal Architect, Joy Cuming AIA, is a LEED Accredited Professional and is licensed to practice in Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Florida
We offer full architectural and structural engineering services from initial concept through building completion.
I. SITE STUDIES
- Boundaries of setbacks
- Septic system and well
- Conservation, Board of Health, Site Engineers
- Orientation, path of sun, views, topography
- Access spaces, driveways, parking, and paths
- Construction vehicles, material stockpiles
- Plotting of natural features – trees, etc.
II. SITE PLAN- Presentation Drawing
- Design of site based on (AI)
- House preliminary plan on site
III. DESIGN OF HOUSE
- Client meetings to establish the program for the house taking into consideration the special and budgetary concerns of the client.
- Generation of house design from program and site information
IV. HOUSE PRESENTATION DRAWINGS
- 1/8” = 1’-0” scale drawings of floor plans, elevations & sections
- Perspective drawings of house and site
I. CLIENT MEETINGS
- Program changes
- Design changes and refinement
II. STUDY AND REDESIGN
III. REWORK OF PRESENTATION DRAWINGS
I. DESIGN REFINEMENT
- 1/4” = 1’-0” scale study layouts – plans
- Study and design of structural system
- Study and design of construction methods and materials
- Window and door selections- refinement of elevations
- Study and design of details-trim, eaves, soffits, joinery
- Study and design of mechanical system
- Kitchen design
II. CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
- Presentation of information from (CI) in clear drawings, numbers and words.
III. BIDDING PHASE
- Overseeing the process of finding the appropriate builder.
I. STUDY AND DESIGN OF INTERIOR SPACES
- Kitchen and bathrooms
- Built-ins, seats, cabinets, shelving
- Trim details
- Joinery details
- Choosing of finish materials
- Furniture layouts
II. CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
- Presentation of information from (DI) in drawings
- Words and numbers
- Shallow and deep foundation system design for residential, commercial and Municipal applications.
- Pile, grade beam and other flood resistant foundation system design for FEMA required V, A and AE flood zones.
- Retaining walls and other earth retention system design and analysis.
- Analysis and design of structural framing components for residential, commercial and Municipal structures.
- Structural modeling for static and dynamic loading configurations in structural steel, reinforced concrete, timber and mixed configuration structures.
- Specializing in high wind analysis and design as required by the IBC 2015, IRC 2015 and applicable State amendments in Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Florida.
- Existing and historical building inspectional services for renovation, retrofit, house lifting or reconstruction.
- Expertise in Commercial controlled construction evaluations and project management.
I. JOB VISITS
- Check progress and quality of the work
- Answer questions and solve problems to facilitate construction
- Anticipate problems
- Anticipate opportunities to make the building better and easier to build
- We offer partial services including hourly design consultation
- We will brainstorm and explore project feasibility
- We advise on potential building sites before or after purchase
- We will provide a cost analysis for your project
- We offer representation to local regulatory boards
- We offer interior design of spaces
- We offer complimentary house tours of homes designed by Aline.